SELF ESTEEM.

I don't think she likes spending time with me. Am not sure she wants to be seen with me. I wonder what she's saying about me. Nobody likes me. Look at the number of friends she has, nobody likes talking to me. I don't dress like the most popular girl. Am not sure I look good in any of these clothes.
We constantly find ourselves looking at social media and comparing the life on social media to ours. We spend time researching everything about the life of other people. It's like we are in a "pause" of reality, the hard part is when we press "play",  everything looks dull.

"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct...... Gal 6:4"



We need to set our examples and choose people who inspire us. Admiration and comparison are 2 different attributes, there is danger when admiration becomes comparison. We should never allow someone's life be more wanted than ours. We shouldn't lose ourself trying to copy someone when we don't know ourself yet.

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect........Romans 12:2"
Even if we want to compare ourselves to someone, let it be Jesus. Jesus is the perfect model. He is not only good, but he is a perfect example of goodness. He is not only loving, He is love. If we want to boast, let's boast only about the Lord. Jesus is the only one who can work on and elevate our self esteem.



Comments

Popular Posts